I’ve written before about how I’m not a shopper and I prefer to save my money – that’s all true. But, it seems that every time I need new anything, it all blows up in one month and I’m forced to spend a lot of money within a few weeks. Does this happen to everybody? Lately, I’ve been donating a lot of clothes and shoes that I just don’t use any more and trying to clean out my make-up collection. I thought that I would share some of my new purchases, coupled with some first impression reviews – because we all love a good shopping list every now and then.
L’Oreal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara. I was in the market for a new mascara as mine is just about at the three month mark, and heard amazing things about this by several different sources. This is a good mascara – the colour is nice and dark, the brush is fluffy and easy to use, and the mascara itself is definitely adds length and volume. I think it may have been a little too hyped up though – while I like it and would repurchase, I don’t notice too much of a difference from other drugstore mascaras.
Sephora Favourites: Sunkissed Glow. I love make-up purchases as much as the next person, but I really hate wasting money on a single product. I love when Sephora releases favourites bags because it feels like you’re really getting your money’s worth (even if some are travel size). I rarely have a full face of make-up, so products last a long time for me. This is such a lovely group of products! In this, you get an adorable rose gold holo make-up bag (which is quite generous in size), which holds:
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pressed Opal: It’s no surprise that this is a lovely highlight – Becca is known for their beautiful skin perfectors. The colour on this is lovely on my skin tone – I feel like a touch too light for a darker skin tone, but could be used as an eyeshadow if you do decide to get this favourites package.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light: A beautiful highlighter/bronzer combo – haven’t used just yet but it’s Hourglass. Can it be anything other than amazing?
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance: This primer is so lovely. It made my foundation go on smoothly and easily. It had the tiniest bit of a sheen to it – not glittery at all and not so shiny that you couldn’t add highlighter on top.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Ro(cocoa): This eye crayon goes on smoothly. It’s a pretty dark brown shade with a touch of radiance in it. It blends out easily (I smoothed mine out as I used it for a daytime look). It’s a really, really nice eyeliner. And I’m afraid by the fact that I loved it so much and it was so easy to apply because that probably means I’ll buy it again.
- Milk Makeup Liquid Strobe in Beam: I’ve been eager to try Milk for a while – this highlighter is a bit odd to work with because of the liquid format. It reminds me a lot of those glitter roll-ons we all had in the 90s, except slightly dialed back and more refined. And not bright pink, purple, or green.
- Nars Lip Gloss in Orgasm: A beautiful peachy shade. This has surprisingly a lot of pigment for a gloss. It does have glitter in it. Considering I’m not a lipstick/lipgloss girl, I didn’t actually mind the shade on me.
- tarte Brazilliance PLUS+ Self Tanner (mini): I haven’t tried it myself. This is the tiniest bottle of self-tanner ever so before I use it I’m going to ask around to see if it’s enough. I have friends who have used this self-tanner and they love it, so I’m definitely eager to try.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in Medium/Deep: A bit too dark for me right now, but this little bronzer has a lot of potential for both a bronzer and an eyeshadow base. It’s a beautiful colour and so smooth.
- Urban Decay Iconic Eyeshadow in Half Baked: This may be my favourite of the entire bunch. This is a beautiful gold shade – it’s definitely glittery, but the glitter is fine. It didn’t bother me whatsoever. This would look amazing on its own all over the lid.
Isn’t it a great group? The Urban Decay eyeshadow, Nars lip gloss, and Marc Jacobs highliner appear to be full sized too which is amazing. It would be nice if they released these favourites bags for different skin tones – I could see bits of this being a bit tough for lighter or darker skin tones.
Herbivore Bamboo Charcoal Bar Soap. This product was actually on a beauty wish list I wrote last month. Sephora finally restocked and I purchased right away. I love it as much as I thought I would. It has an almost citrus scent, but it’s more natural smelling than manufactured. I’ve used it on my body and also on my face. I can’t believe how clean my face felt afterwards! I was shocked. It removed all of my make up easily and didn’t dehydrate my skin at all.
Brazilian Bum Bum Cream. While not on any wish lists, I’ve heard awesome things about this particular moisturizer. I’m a sucker for a good moisturizer so I bought the small tub of this just to test. It smells incredible – like a sweet dessert almost. I prefer a thicker formula in a moisturizer because I think they’re better in general for the skin, and I was pleased that this was nice and thick, yet soaked into the skin really quickly. It’s a lovely product.
Nivea Firming Q10 Body Milk. I always have a huge bottle of Nivea’s body moisturizer around. Their body milks are some of my favourite moisturizers ever. When I repurchased, I decided to go for this Firming formula instead of my usual Almond Oil Milk. I love Nivea moisturizers because they are scented, but subtly so that the fragrance isn’t too strong. Their creams are usually nice and thick and spread over the body with ease. I love this formula as well as most of their others – definitely worth a permanent spot on any beauty shelf.
Maui Moisture Heal + Hydrate Shea Butter Shampoo. Just like moisturizers, I constantly switch shampoo in and out of my routine when I find they stop working as I prefer. I really like this! In consistency, it is definitely thicker than I’m used to but I love the scent and it makes my hair soft. I’d like to perhaps try one of their other versions – shea butter may be a touch too moisturizing for my hair type, but either way, I would buy again.
Ralph Lauren Woven Slip-On Sneaker. I’m forever on the hunt for appropriate shoes! I found these recently and bought them right away. They’re a nice camel colour, which I love. It still matches with everything, yet isn’t your typical black. They’re comfortable, they look professional, and they’re still casual enough to wear while running errands. Plus, they’re on sale! I’m eager for the rain to stop around here so I can finally wear them!
My beauty collection is sufficiently updated, I would say! I’m loving all of the things I’ve bought recently. Have you bought anything in the past little while that you’re loving?